COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Our evolving policies are designed to keep our camp community safe and healthy and be in alignment with State and local guidelines.
Current COVID-19 Policies
We continue to adjust our protocols in accordance with guidance from the Health Department and the CDC.
Here are the key elements:
- We ask that all families inform us if any program participant tests positive for COVID:
- If your child tests positive for COVID with a home test at any time, please let us know when the test occurred and please follow up with providing the results of a PCR test as soon as you can.
- If your child tests positive for COVID with a PCR test, please let us know as soon as possible, and please include: confirmation that it was a PCR test; and the time and date of the test. Please send all such notifications to PrimitivePursuits@cornell.edu.
- Masking at all times (other than when eating/drinking or safe social distance can be maintained outside).
- Staying home when sick
- Physical distancing
- Hand hygiene practices
- Cleaning and sanitizing procedures
PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO PROGRAMS IF THEY HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS ASSOCIATED WITH COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Additional precautions include:
- Increased hand washing
- Decreased cohort sizes (mixed groups)
Should you have any questions about our protocols or want to speak directly with a staff member, please send a note to email@example.com letting us know if you would like an email response or phone call.
- Please remember our request that you and your young people wear a mask during drop-off and pick-up. And, please share this information with other adults who may be transporting your campers to and or from camp.
- Please be sure that your camper brings two clean face coverings (in case one becomes unusable) to program each day.
- If your participant attended camp this summer, please let them know about the increase in precautions we are now taking at this time.
- Please be vigilant about monitoring symptoms in your family, and do not send children to our program if they have had symptoms or been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- We will continue to keep a close eye on developments and respond to any additional guidance from the Health Department.