COVID-19 Safety Protocols
Our evolving policies are designed to keep our camp community safe and healthy and be in alignment with State and local guidelines.
September 9, 2021 Update to COVID-19 Policies
At this time we are continuing to see a rise in the number of cases within Tompkins County and for the continued safety of our camp community, we will continue to adjust our protocols in accordance with guidance from the Health Department and the CDC.
Here are the key elements:
- Masking at all times (other than when eating/drinking or safe social distance can be maintained outside).
- Staying home when sick
- Physical distancing
- Hand hygiene practices
- Cleaning and sanitizing procedures
At this time we are adopting the stay and home and return to program protocols established by the Ithaca City School District.
Please do not send your child to preschool if they have any symptoms associated with covid-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Please remember our request that you and your young people wear a mask during drop-off and pick-up. And, please share this information with other adults who may be transporting your campers to and or from camp.
- Please be sure that your camper brings two clean face coverings (in case one becomes unusable) to program each day.
- If your participant attended camp this summer, please let them know about the increase in precautions we are now taking at this time.
- Please be vigilant about monitoring symptoms in your family, and do not send children to our program if they have had symptoms or been exposed to someone with COVID-19.
- We will continue to keep a close eye on developments and respond to any additional guidance from the Health Department.
Additional precautions include:
- Increased hand washing
- Decreased cohort sizes (mixed groups)
Should you have any questions about our protocols or want to speak directly with a staff member, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org letting us know if you would like an email response or phone call.